[Spacewalk-list] ya-errata-import help

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Tue Oct 8 08:36:33 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-08 03:28, Miguel Cruz wrote:

> I get the following error when I try to sync my erratas:
>
> [root at spacewalk spacewalk_scripts]# ./redhat-clone-errata.sh
> WARNING: channel.software.listErrata returned an error: Fault returned
> from XML RPC Server, fault code -210: No such channel
>
> WARNING: channel.software.listErrata returned an error: Fault returned
> from XML RPC Server, fault code -210: No such channel
>
> I'm not sure if its the channel names as seen on my spacewalk server
> or
> the ones used by the RHN that i need to put on redhat-clone-errata.sh.
> Important bits from my redhat-clone-errata.sh:
>
> # now do the import
> # change the channel parameter to your liking
> # and add the option "--redhat-channel <RHN channel name>" if the
> channel
> name if not the same as in your spacewalk server
> ./ya-errata-import.pl [1] --server $SPACEWALK --channel
> rhel5.i386-updates --redhat-channel rhel5-i386-server-5 --os-version 5
> --publish --redhat --rhn-proxy=xxx --startfromprevious twoweeks
> --quiet
>
> ./ya-errata-import.pl [1] --server $SPACEWALK --channel
> rhel5.x86_64-updates --os-version 5 --publish --redhat --rhn-proxy=xxx
> --startfromprevious twoweeks --quiet
>
> My channels in my spacewalk server:
>
> RHEL_5_i386_UPDATES
> Spacewalk Default Organization
> 2671
> 11
>
> RHEL_5_x86_64_UPDATES
> Spacewalk Default Organization
> 3419
> 1

I advise you to read the help section:
--channel          The spacewalk channel you want to publish errata to
<snip>
--redhat-channel   RedHat channel to get errata from, only usefull with
--redhat, defaults to the same as --channel

And also: you need to use exactly the same names as on your spacewalk
server, including upppercase characters.

Franky