[Spacewalk-list] help with api

Brian Collins brianc at sedata.com
Wed Oct 30 13:11:37 UTC 2013

> I'm trying to use the activationkey.getDetails api call but I always get
> the error:
> Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code -1:
> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: unhandled internal exception: Could not
> find activation key: 42-key-name
>
> I have tried several different keys and made sure they show up in
> response to the activationkey.listActivationKeys call.
>
> This is on a satellite 5.4.1 server.

Indeed.  I am on Satellite 5.5, and I was able to re-create the problem.  I even listed all the activation keys (which did list out all my activation keys), and tried getDetails and listActivatedSystems on a few of them.  Same result.

I see nothing in Red Hat's KB about this.  I'm probably going to open a support case.  Since you're using Satellite, you should probably do the same.

Brian Collins
Sr. Systems Engineer
Southeastern Data Cooperative