[Spacewalk-list] taskomatic not running and repos. issues

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 08:27:51 UTC 2013

Michael O. Miller wrote:
% My apology up front, I am not family with your forum and protocol. I am tasked in building and launching  a Linux Spacewalk Server, which will be use in servicing our organization Linux machines both virtual and physical environment.
% I am new at Linux and I have just installed RHEL 6.4 (x86_64) as my OS for Spacewalk 2.0 server. I configured the server with a base and child channel, and manually sync the channels. I can see that the channels are populate with packets from manually syncing. I was not able to sync the channels using the GUI, because I received the following error that "the scheduling service appears down. Please contact your satellite administrator".

Hi Michael,

So is taskomatic running on your server? Can you restart it? Are there
any errors in /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log?

% Currently, I have two registered clients to the spacewalk server, both using RHEL 6 as OS. When I conduct a yum update. I receive the following error:
%
% # yum update
%
% Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager
% This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.
% This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
% http://spacewalk.com/XMLRPC/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 405 Method Not Allowed"

Is your client properly registered to the spacewalk server? What does

   rhn_check -vv

says?

% I am a bit stuck and lacking certain skill set to solve my delimma. Can someone point me in the correct direction in addressing my issues. thanks
%
% Mike Miller

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat