[Spacewalk-list] connection refused with rhnreg_ks

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 07:40:23 UTC 2014

Innes, Duncan wrote:
% I was getting the same situation over the weekend, but was running
% rhn_register as I hadn't got as far as creating activation keys.
%
% I'm running Spacewalk 2.1 on Fedora 19 (each fully updated) and created
% an empty channel for F19 x86_64.  Does this match your installation at
% all?
%
% The error was server side and showed up as "Internal Server Error".
% When checking the httpd logs, I found ssl_error_log contained a mod_wsgi
% Traceback from /usr/share/rhn/wsgi/xmlrpc.py culminating in the error
% "ImportError: cannot import name ts".  The error moved to the httpd
% error_log when I connected via http:// instead of https://.

Hi,

this issue is caused by new rpm (rpm-4.11.2-2). As a temporary
workaround downgrade to rpm-4.11.0.1-2.

% Would post more details than that, but those are the only notes I wrote
% down and I wiped the machine to start afresh in case I'd made any big
% mistakes during install.  I don't think I had, however.  It was a new OS
% install, updated, then Spacewalk 2.1 install and configure.  Everything
% seemed to work well up to trying to register the system.
%
% Oh - only other thing worth a mention is that I was registering the
% system to itself as I had no other suitable installs to try with.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat