[Spacewalk-list] connection refused with rhnreg_ks

Innes, Duncan Duncan.Innes at virginmoney.com
Mon Apr 14 14:49:36 UTC 2014

I was getting the same situation over the weekend, but was running
rhn_register as I hadn't got as far as creating activation keys.

I'm running Spacewalk 2.1 on Fedora 19 (each fully updated) and created
an empty channel for F19 x86_64.  Does this match your installation at
all?

The error was server side and showed up as "Internal Server Error".
When checking the httpd logs, I found ssl_error_log contained a mod_wsgi
Traceback from /usr/share/rhn/wsgi/xmlrpc.py culminating in the error
"ImportError: cannot import name ts".  The error moved to the httpd
error_log when I connected via http:// instead of https://.

Would post more details than that, but those are the only notes I wrote
down and I wiped the machine to start afresh in case I'd made any big
mistakes during install.  I don't think I had, however.  It was a new OS
install, updated, then Spacewalk 2.1 install and configure.  Everything
seemed to work well up to trying to register the system.

Oh - only other thing worth a mention is that I was registering the
system to itself as I had no other suitable installs to try with.

Cheers