[Spacewalk-list] Configuration file changing/patching

Uwe.Poliak at amann.com Uwe.Poliak at amann.com
Tue Aug 5 12:08:47 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am new to this list and also new to spacewalk. For a solution I have checked this list and also checked various websites found via Google, but didn’t find any solution to my question.
So I am sorry, if this topic has already been covered here.

With Spacewalk I am able to publish configuration files, symlinks and directories from the Configuration Channels to the Client systems. This works fine.

Is it also possible to change/patch configuration files, which are already existing on the Client system?
I have some files on some client system, where only some lines of code must be added to or changed but the rest of the file should remain untouched.

Is there any way to do this without using the “Remote Command” feature?

Tia and Best Regards
Uwe