[Spacewalk-list] Migrating a Spacewalk server from physical to virtual

Amedeo Salvati amedeo at oscert.net
Fri Aug 22 10:51:25 UTC 2014

Larry, for registered clients you have to re-configure with new hostname, I think that the CA is equal, so you can not import new ssl certs (I'm not sure), but it's mandatory to change the fqdn of your serverURL parameter on /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date file.

Remember to rebuild your bootstrap script (if you have one), and your kickstart files, to point to new spacewalk hostname

best regards