[Spacewalk-list] Unable to kickstart via spacewalk proxy

Linder, Rolf Rolf.Linder at united-security-providers.ch
Fri Dec 5 13:04:05 UTC 2014

Dear spacewalker's

We've been using spacewalk for the couple of years, now using Spacewalk 2.2. Since our servers are growing we have to enhance our environment to use spacewalk proxy servers.

While testing the proxy server, we setup a test spacewalk system kickstarted a child which we then configured according https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy as a proxy (so far we have two systems, spacewalk server and spacewalk proxy).

After this we kickstart a "real" child which works fine when using the spacewalk server (including re-provisioning via WebUI). If we want to re-provision the system using the proxy we end up with the following failure:

(out of /var/log/rhn/rhn_proxy_broker.log from proxy)
broker/rhnRepository.getPackagePath('ERROR', 'Package not in mapping: iputils-20071127-17.el6_4.2.x86_64.rpm')

the client stops with the message that the RPM could not be opened.
http-access log show the GET request,  but squid-logs does not show any entry regarding this.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,
Rolf