[Spacewalk-list] Unable to kickstart via spacewalk proxy

Michael Guidero mg at sococo.com
Fri Dec 5 17:09:16 UTC 2014

We have a similar issue, for Scientific Linux 7.  The package in question
is vim-common-7.4.160-1.el7.x86_64.rpm

Log message:
2014/12/04 18:18:20 -07:00 8897 10.30.20.192:
broker/rhnRepository.getPackagePath('ERROR', 'Package not in mapping:
vim-common-7.4.160-1.el7.x86_64.rpm')

The source distro has a vim-common package named:
vim-common-7.4.160-1.el7:2.x86_64

We also get a warning for a "not well-formed" comps.xml, a closer
inspection of the comps.xml file downloaded to the kickstarting system
indicates that it is lzma-compressed and would be valid if it was not
compressed.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:04 AM, Linder, Rolf <
Rolf.Linder at united-security-providers.ch> wrote:

>  Dear spacewalker’s
>

> We’ve been using spacewalk for the couple of years, now using Spacewalk
> 2.2. Since our servers are growing we have to enhance our environment to
> use spacewalk proxy servers.
>

> While testing the proxy server, we setup a test spacewalk system
> kickstarted a child which we then configured according
> https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstallProxy as a proxy (so
> far we have two systems, spacewalk server and spacewalk proxy).
>

> After this we kickstart a “real” child which works fine when using the
> spacewalk server (including re-provisioning via WebUI). If we want to
> re-provision the system using the proxy we end up with the following
> failure:
>

> (out of /var/log/rhn/rhn_proxy_broker.log from proxy)
>
> broker/rhnRepository.getPackagePath('ERROR', 'Package not in mapping:
> iputils-20071127-17.el6_4.2.x86_64.rpm')
>

> the client stops with the message that the RPM could not be opened.
>
> http-access log show the GET request,  but squid-logs does not show any
> entry regarding this.
>

> Any help would be highly appreciated!
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Rolf