[Spacewalk-list] upgrade client from 5.4 to 5.5

ATH KEBEI kebei at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 19:17:08 UTC 2014

Why don't you save all important configs and any database with tar, move them off the server in question and then pop in a 5.5 iso/cdrom and do an an upgrade? Curiously, why not upgrade to 5.10 or 5.11? RedHat does not even still support 5.6.
When you boot up with the iso or cdrom, you will be presented with option to either install new or upgrade existing system. Choose upgrade. After upgrading you can then do a subscription to the desired channels (5.5). On the SW webUI, then do a software upgrade. In /etc/yum.repos.d remove all old 5.4 *.repo files,  rm -rf /var/cache/yum, yum clean all, yum makecache, yum update/upgrade
Subscribing 5.4 to a 5.5 software channel has not worked for me.  Oh yes, you can make today a great day! Thanks.

Very Respectfully,
A. C. Kebei
Always, Very Committed to Excellence and the fair treatment of all.