[Spacewalk-list] upgrade client from 5.4 to 5.5

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Tue Dec 16 16:45:53 UTC 2014

I've installed from the base os and the latest channel to accommodate the dependency of phython-ethtool for the install of the client and registration.

In my attempt to upgrade the OS I've registered the system w/ the activation key for 5.5.  The upgrade is unsuccessfully w/ the following errors.

This action's status is: Failed.
The client picked up this action on 12/16/14 11:39:00 AM EST.
The client completed this action on 12/16/14 11:39:07 AM EST.
Client execution returned "Failed: packages requested raised dependency problems: [u'Missing Dependency: up2date-gnome is needed by package pirut-1.3.28-17.0.1.el5.noarch (q4_2014_oul55_x86_64_base)']" (code 18)

In the deployment it's indicated that up2date should be removed.

For full disclosure I'm working w/ an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4 64 bit machine.

Thx