[Spacewalk-list] upgrade client from 5.4 to 5.5

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Dec 24 06:15:00 UTC 2014

> On 16 Dec 2014, at 6:45 pm, Reneau, Wes W [HDS] <Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com> wrote:
>
> For full disclosure I'm working w/ an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.4 64 bit machine.

It’s “Oracle Linux” - we dropped the Enterprise about 4 years ago now. :)

Secondly, you need to remove up2date, up2date-gnome and all the dependencies before installing the Spacewalk 2.0 client. This is described in the Spacewalk for Oracle Linux release notes:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37670_01/E51125/html/ol-sw-client-config.html

This is because up2date and up2date-gnome are not supported by Spacewalk and conflict with the Spacewalk client. You could use rpm -e --nodeps to remove the packages without removing the dependencies. Pirut will work with the Spacewalk client once installed (if necessary).

Thanks,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496