[Spacewalk-list] How to connect a client to a proxy behind a firewall

Uwanna, Chukwuma (NIH/NCI) [C] chukwuma.uwanna at nih.gov
Tue Dec 16 18:31:29 UTC 2014

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum and have had a torrid time connecting a CentOS 6.3 client to a proxy.  Both servers sit behind a proxy which pulls from a Spacewalk server outside the firewall.  At the moment, I am having to download the individual rpms for the client tools etc.  I am hung up at the registration though, with the rhnreg_ks telling me the following:

^CTraceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhnreg_ks", line 33, in <module>
    from up2date_client import rhnreg
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 21, in <module>
    import hardware
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/hardware.py", line 44, in <module>
    from hardware_hal import check_hal_dbus_status, get_hal_computer, read_hal
ImportError: No module named hardware_hal

Does anyone have an idea how to get beyond this and finish up the configuration?

Thanks,
Chuck