[Spacewalk-list] Registering a system

Nick Tailor HTailor at BCLC.com
Wed Dec 17 23:30:16 UTC 2014

Yes,

If you register the same machine twice, the old profile does not get over written, it simply creates duplicates.

This is normal behavior. You have to look at the date of the profile and delete the previous one as only of them will work.

Cheers

Nick Tailor
Nicktailor.com

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Dave Goodbourn
Sent: December-17-14 10:02 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Registering a system

Hi,

I'm just starting to look at setting up a Spacewalk set up here. Something I've noticed is that as part of my kickstart file, I'm registering a client using rhnreg_ks. This is all working fine, until I re-kickstart the same client...I end up with another entry in Spacewalk with the same client name etc...

I understand that if the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid file doesn't exist, it'll re-register the client again. How do I get it to detect that the client is already registered on initial kickstart as the systemid file obviously won't exist?

Cheers,
Dave.
This email is intended only for the addressee. It may contain confidential or proprietary information that cannot be disclosed without BCLC's permission. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email.