[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk wont deploy non-errata updates.

Sean Roe Sean.Roe at cnanational.com
Fri Feb 21 22:21:06 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I am having a bit of a problem with my spacewalk 2.0 server.
It is running on Oracle 6.4 64bit server and is serving both Oracle 5 and 6 servers.

when I do a systems--><server name>-->software-->upgrade and select all, click on upgrade packages, set the time as soon as possible then go on the server and do an rhn_check -vvv the packages are not picked up and I get on the client:
D: Sending back response((6,), 'Error while executing packages action: empty transaction', {})
D: do_call packages.checkNeedUpdate('rhnsd=1',){}
D: local action status: (0, 'rpm database not modified since last update (or package list recently updated)', {})
D: rpcServer: Calling XMLRPC registration.welcome_message

and I get the this error on the spacewalk web interface when I look at history
The client picked up this action on 02/21/14 3:16:23 PM MST.
The client completed this action on 02/21/14 3:16:36 PM MST.
Client execution returned "Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]" (code -1)

When I set up the same process except I choose errata instead of packages the packages deploy without a hitch.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sean

--
Sean Roe