[Spacewalk-list] Errata synchronization issue with eva-direct-errata-sync.pl

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:59:25 UTC 2014

Hello list,
I'm using eva-direct-errata-sync.pl to sync redhat errata to spacewalk.
I've just had a problem with the following erratas:
RHSA-2014:0015-1 : openssl security fix
RHEA-2014:0208-1 : RH Storage 2.1 enhancement errata

The problem is that both of these erratas are linked to packages
openssl-1.0.1e-16.el6_5.4.
So the script created both errata.

The problem is that when I wanted to schedule the errata 2014:0015-1 using
the XMLRPC API, I received an error:
Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code 2600:
redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Invalid errata

I had to delete errata 2014:0208 to be able to apply errata 2014:0015

I think that eva-direct-errata-sync.pl has a bug as it should not create
errata 2014:0208 on my spacewalk server, because I don't have RH Storage
Server channels.
It seems that package openssl is in channels RH Storage Server AND RHEL
Server.
And eva script has created the errata because it found openssl package.

Is it possible to specify to eva script to not sync channels RH Storage
Server ?

I hope I'm clear on my issue.

Thanks in advance for your help