[Spacewalk-list] ya-errata-import.pl and RH Subscription Manager

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Mon Jan 13 22:11:23 UTC 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014 17:17:24 +0100
"FRANK Michael" <michael.frank at faurecia.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am currently trying to get the ya-errata-import.pl script working
> to sync RHEL Server 6 errata. Our RHEL server is subscribed to
> Subscription Manager and I ran in to some issues. Before I spent a
> lot of time in debugging maybe someone could answer me the question
> if this script works in general with Subscription Manager or if I
> have to de-register the machine and register to Classic Mode?

Hi,

I never even heard about Subscription Manager until now. Sigh ...  the
difference between the 2 is here, but not really clear:
https://access.redhat.com/site/articles/63269
Also I can't seem to find any API info on Subscription Manager, so for
now ya-errata-import.pl only supports rhn. Point me in the right
direction and I'll see what I can do in the future.

Franky