[Spacewalk-list] OpenSUSE on Spacewalk Kickstart

Lichtinger, Bernhard Bernhard.Lichtinger at lrz.de
Thu Jul 10 16:50:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

> What are you doing ?
>
> You need to upload an autoinstallation profile. I think in spacewalk this is
> still named "upload kickstart profile". This is "free text" but for a
> Installer Generation = SUSE Linux it expects an autoyast XML file.
>
> No kickstart file please!
>
> "Create Kickstart Profile" cannot be used with SUSE, because this wizard
> generate really a kickstart profile which cannot be interpreted by a SUSE
> system.
It is a bit tricky:
After creating the SLES-Distro in the webgui (I mount the ISO-image to e.g. /var/distro-trees/SLES-11.3 aka „Tree Path“ in the webgui) I created a symlink "ln -s /var/distro-trees/SLES-11.3 /var/www/html/SLES-11.3“ so I can access the content of the ISO via http.
Next step was to add the Kernel Option to the distro: "install=http://IP_OF_SPACEWALK_SERVER/SLES-11.3/„ otherwise autoyast would not find it’s installation source.
Then I created a cobbler profile with the CLI-tools with a „normal“ autoyast-xml file as kickstart file: „cobbler profile edit —name=myprofile —kickstart=/path/to/autoyast.xml“.
Within this file you can also use snippets like in kickstart files und use the template engine of cobbler.
I started with the examples over here: http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/cobbler/sles
Some of the templates won’t work out of the box because Spacewalk still uses cobbler-2.0, I remember I had to do some changes for the networking part, in cobbler-2.2 the variables for this stuff have different names.

> cobbler automatically add a lot of things to the autoyast xml file.
> Also the no-more-netboot triggers.
I don’t think so with „vanilla“ spacewalk. This would be some „magic“ of suse manager.

You have to add some XML to your autoyast-file to implement the "no-more-netboot trigger" (I put it in the init-scripts section):
<scripts>
<init-scripts config:type="list">
        <script>
        <interpreter>shell</interpreter>
        <filename>kickstart_done.sh</filename>
        <source>
        <![CDATA[
#!/bin/bash
$SNIPPET('kickstart_done‘)
        ]]>
        </source>
        </script>
</init-scripts>
</scripts>

> So all the rest should work out of the box.
>
> (But I never tried this with a plain spacewalk, sorry)

You should try it ;)

Regards,
Bernhard

--