[Spacewalk-list] Groupinstall in Spacewalk

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 13:29:00 UTC 2014

Forget what you read on the wiki.

In most cases that is accidentally true because that how most of the
tools that create repositories structure them; but you are really
supposed to point it at the directory with the repodata subdirectory.
In the case of RHEL, Fedora, and all of their derivative distributions
its the root of the DVD
also I don't know that the file:/ syntax will work I've never tried it.
what I do is I created a directory /var/httpd/html/isomount I always
mount the iso to that directory then I point the repo to
http://<hostname>/isomount this works well for me.

also please point me to the page on the wiki where you read that. I
will write a correction or clarify it if that's really what the wiki
says.