[Spacewalk-list] Groupinstall in Spacewalk

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 17 11:25:37 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,

On 07/16/2014 06:59 PM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
> Forget what you read on the wiki.
Ok. :)
> In most cases that is accidentally true because that how most of the
> tools that create repositories structure them; but you are really
> supposed to point it at the directory with the repodata subdirectory.
> In the case of RHEL, Fedora, and all of their derivative distributions
> its the root of the DVD
So, if I mount the DVD ISO under /media, the location will be /media/
itself. Or will it be /media/Server/ ?
> also I don't know that the file:/ syntax will work I've never tried it.
> what I do is I created a directory /var/httpd/html/isomount I always
> mount the iso to that directory then I point the repo to
> http://<hostname>/isomount this works well for me.
Once I had issue with Apache serving content from a loop mounted mount
point. I have there fore copied all the contents to /sw/rhel6.5. I think
I should link /sw/rhel6.5 to /var/www/html and then point the repo to
http://spacewalk/rhel6.5. I hope that will work.

> also please point me to the page on the wiki where you read that. I
> will write a correction or clarify it if that's really what the wiki
> says.

It's here: https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent.
Below is the screen shot. Perhaps I should not be using /rhnpush/// at all.

<snipped>