[Spacewalk-list] Groupinstall in Spacewalk

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 22:46:05 UTC 2014

I see how you got confused you were looking at the wrong tool for this.

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 7:25 AM, Amitakhya Phukan <aphukan at fedoraproject.org
> wrote:

>  Hi Paul,
>

> On 07/16/2014 06:59 PM, Paul Robert Marino wrote:
>
> Forget what you read on the wiki.
>
>  Ok. :)
>
>  In most cases that is accidentally true because that how most of the
> tools that create repositories structure them; but you are really
> supposed to point it at the directory with the repodata subdirectory.
> In the case of RHEL, Fedora, and all of their derivative distributions
> its the root of the DVD
>
>  So, if I mount the DVD ISO under /media, the location will be /media/
> itself. Or will it be /media/Server/ ?

/media

simply look for a directory called "repodata" and point to the directory
above it

>  also I don't know that the file:/ syntax will work I've never tried it.
> what I do is I created a directory /var/httpd/html/isomount I always
> mount the iso to that directory then I point the repo tohttp://<hostname>/isomount this works well for me.
>
>  Once I had issue with Apache serving content from a loop mounted mount
> point. I have there fore copied all the contents to /sw/rhel6.5. I think I
> should link /sw/rhel6.5 to /var/www/html and then point the repo to
> http://spacewalk/rhel6.5. I hope that will work.

a symlink wont work for this both apache and SELinux will block it by
default.
if you are set on doing it that way you will have to add a directory
directive to apaches config
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#directory
Remember to fix the selinux contexts on the directory you create. If you
are in doubt on how to do that the quick a dirty way is to "ls -l -Z -d
/var/www/html" will give you the correct context and you can apply it with
the chcon command

On a side note I have to correct the path I wrote for mounting the loop
device the one I use is really /var/www/html/isomount

The most likely reason you had a problem with serving a loop mounted device
via Apache is selinux. audit2why and audit2allow can help you find the
issue.
or you can simply set selinux to non enforcing mode temporarily by running
"setenforce 0" you can then reactivate it via "setenforce 1"

 also please point me to the page on the wiki where you read that. I
> will write a correction or clarify it if that's really what the wiki
> says.
>

> It's here: https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent.
> Below is the screen shot. Perhaps I should not be using *rhnpush* at all.
>

>   <snipped>

This is talking about the rhnpush command is a different tool
rhnpush assumes you are doing a one off push of an rpm  without a proper
repository
also notice the --dir option that is specifying the name of a directory to
search for RPMs it can either be an absolute or relative path.
alternately instead of the --dir option you can give it the path to the RPM
file(s) you want to upload.
If you read the man page fro rhnpush its fairly strait forward; but its
also not the right tool for what you want to do because it wont import the
package group info in the repodata.

The proper method would be to create a repository via the web GUI then tell
the channel to sync to it. once it syncs for the first time successfully
you can simply uncheck it in the list of repos to sync from that way you
can reuse it in the future without having to recreate it ever time