[Spacewalk-list] SLES autoyast.xml

Lichtinger, Bernhard Bernhard.Lichtinger at lrz.de
Thu Jun 5 07:10:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

> Spacewalk 2.1 on Centos 6.5.
> I've done with the Kickstart setup for CentOS.  I'm trying to setup kickstart to work with the green side of my environment.  I ran through the kickstart profile setup and it automatically generate a KS file.
>
> How should I replace it with a SLES-happy XML file?
> Do you mind give me more pointers on how to make spacewalk work with SLES?

You cannot use the Webinterface for autoyast. It can only handle kickstart.

But with cobbler you can use autoyast-files in the same way as kickstart-files with cobbler-templates.

For a start have a look here: http://fluxcoil.net/doku.php/cobbler/sles
Some of the templates won’t work out of the box because Spacewalk still uses cobbler-2.0, I remember I had to do some changes for the networking part, in cobbler-2.2 the variables for this stuff have different names.

Regards,
Bernhard