[Spacewalk-list] SLES autoyast.xml

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Fri Jun 6 12:41:06 UTC 2014

Heya,

On 06/05/2014 09:10 AM, Lichtinger, Bernhard wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Spacewalk 2.1 on Centos 6.5.
>> I've done with the Kickstart setup for CentOS.  I'm trying to setup kickstart to work with the green side of my environment.  I ran through the kickstart profile setup and it automatically generate a KS file.
>>
>> How should I replace it with a SLES-happy XML file?
>> Do you mind give me more pointers on how to make spacewalk work with SLES?
>
> You cannot use the Webinterface for autoyast. It can only handle kickstart.

Well, not really. You may use the Webinterface to upload your own
AutoYaST (upload kickstart file). But yes, you are not able to use the
wizard. You may try to create an AutoYaST file on a SUSE Box with 'yast2
autoinstallation' or re-use an automatically created AutoYaST ('Do you
want to clone this system with autoyast?' at the end of your install).
Maybe you are lucky and you have a /root/autoinst.xml on you reference
machine.

Regards,

Mattias

--