[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 2.1 XMLRPC issues

Justin Edmands shockwavecs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 22:15:46 UTC 2014

I am attempting to run a command across every system associated with my
spacewalk server. The script with fail for 90% of systems, then hitting
reschedule all, 70% of systems will fail, hitting reschedule all, 50% will
fail, ultimately all will pass. this is all in the span of a minute or
two....the rescheduling and failing and rescheduling part.

Any ideas?

In the web interface I will see the message below:

spacewalk 2.1 XML-RPC call error: <ProtocolError for <servername>
/CONFIG-MANAGEMENT: 500 Internal Server Error> Using server name
<servername>

on the clients (1.9 clients) I will occasionally see the same message when
running rhn_check. running it a few seconds later it succeeds.

Does not happen on my spacewalk 2.0 server that I have for a different set
of servers.