[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 2.1 XMLRPC issues

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 08:51:12 UTC 2014

Justin Edmands wrote:
% I am attempting to run a command across every system associated with my
% spacewalk server. The script with fail for 90% of systems, then hitting
% reschedule all, 70% of systems will fail, hitting reschedule all, 50% will
% fail, ultimately all will pass. this is all in the span of a minute or
% two....the rescheduling and failing and rescheduling part.
%
% Any ideas?
%
% In the web interface I will see the message below:
%
% spacewalk 2.1 XML-RPC call error: <ProtocolError for <servername>
% /CONFIG-MANAGEMENT: 500 Internal Server Error> Using server name
% <servername>

Justin,

There should be more detailed error message in /var/log/httpd/*error_log
or /var/log/tomcat*/catalina*.out.

% on the clients (1.9 clients) I will occasionally see the same message when
% running rhn_check. running it a few seconds later it succeeds.
%
% Does not happen on my spacewalk 2.0 server that I have for a different set
% of servers.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat