[Spacewalk-list] Client machine update issue without internet

Dhaval Oza dhaval.oza at i-link.co.in
Fri Mar 14 06:38:24 UTC 2014

Dear Sir,

We have installed&  configured Spacewalk Server 2.2 (Nightly) on CentOS 6.5 server&  also installed client tools on client side machines.

Our goal is to get downloaded all latest packages on Spacewalk server&  it work as central update repository for all our Linux machine where they don't have direct internet connectivity&  client should get update from this Spacewalk server where it have always ON internet connectivity.

Our issue is that we have configured server&  client and everything work fine. But when we remove gateway IP from client machine to avoid internet connection it wont be able to get any update from Spacewalk server. Although this Spacewalk server is in same subnet&  having proper
internet connectivity all the time.

Please let us know what we have to check on Spacewalk server side&  client side for our issue.

_The Error shows below :-_
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Determining fastest mirrors
Could not retrieve mirrorlist http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=6&arch=x86_64&repo=os error was
14: PYCURL ERROR 6 - "Couldn't resolve host 'mirrorlist.centos.org'"
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base

When I trigger "yum repolist" command on client machine it shows  0 packages available.

And also let me know what to do on client machine and which file we have to check and do the changes accordingly .

My Spacewalk Server IP is 192.168.12.52

Below are the Client side configuration detail :

#########Client Side Configuration  ##########

rpm -Uvh http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/2.1-client/RHEL/6/x86_64/spacewalk-client-repo-2.1-2.el6.noarch.rpm
BASEARCH=$(uname -i)
rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/$BASEARCH/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm

###Activate your clinet system####

rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://192.168.12.52/XMLRPC --activationkey=<Key-with-rhel-custom-channel>

#####Install packages to enable Configuration File Management####
yum --y install osad rhncfg rhncfg-actions rhncfg-client rhncfg-managemen

#####Install the Spacewalk Organization Cert on the Client####
wget -O /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT http://192.168.12.52/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

rhn-actions-control --enable-all
rhn-actions-control --report

#####Start osad service so that remote actions are executed quickly rather than waiting for the systems to check in:

yum install osad*
yum install jabber*
service osad start
chkconfig osad on

/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e "s/osa_ssl_cert =/osa_ssl_cert = \/usr\/share\/rhn\/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT/g" /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad.conf

It will be grateful if any one can help us in solving the issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhaval Oza.