[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk with SLES11 client

William Kwan potatok at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 16:27:26 UTC 2014

hi,

I'm sure I'm not the first to bother with SLES.  I have a mixed environment with some 'older' SLES 11 systems.

Folks on this list helped me resolved an issue with package installation from Spacewalk 2.1 to a CentOS test host.  I'm trying to do the same with a SLES11 SP2 test host.

Question;

Where I can find out what is the exact command/call from Spacewalk to the client system to run package installation?

I got a
1. I can run pkg verification successfully, but not installation on the SLES system.

After poking around the rhnd and osad debug options, I found out the failure is in zypper.  It threw a "2482 Unknown option or missing argument, returning."  I would like find out what command options or argument is passed to zypper.

susetest(3095) [zypper] Zypper.cc(processGlobalOptions):556 Repositories enabled
susetest(3095) [zypper] Zypper.cc(processGlobalOptions):735 DONE
susetest(3095) [zypper] Zypper.cc(processCommandOptions):889 START
susetest(3095) [zypper] Zypper.cc(processCommandOptions):2482 Unknown option or missing argument, returning.
susetest(3095) [zypper] Zypper.cc(cleanup):4644 START
susetest(3095) [zypper] main.cc(~Bye):60 ===== Exiting main() =====

FYI
Running Spacewalk 2.1 on CentOS65.  The client is a SLES11 SP2.

Thanks
Will