[Spacewalk-list] Add Custom Values though rhn-profile-sync

Daniel Kasen daniel.kasen at redfin.com
Wed Oct 1 19:56:05 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,
  I can't seem to find anyone doing this so figured I'd post here.
Currently, I use facter to define certain information about a machine such
as the version of java used or the rack location. Ideally, I would like to
be able to plug these values into the custom system info section in a
programmatic way, ie. not using spacecmd or something that requires a
password to insert. So I was wondering if there was a way to
tell rhn-profile-sync to also add these custom values? This would be a very
nice feature to roll in asset info into spacewalk.

*Daniel Kasen | REDFIN | Data Center Operations
Engineerdaniel.kasen at redfin.com <daniel.kasen at redfin.com> | Tel:
206-859-2826 2025 1st Ave, Ste 500 | Seattle, WA 98121*