[Spacewalk-list] Using Spacewalk repos without registration

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 08:16:27 UTC 2014

Fabiano Martins wrote:
% Hi all,
%
% I have a Spacewalk 2.2 server running on my environment.
%
% But some machines aren't registered on Spacewalk (RHELs registered on RHN,
% CentOSs that sysadmin don't like to register on Spacewalk, etc.).
%
% Once my Spacewalk server already have a mirror of external repos (EPEL,
% VMWare, etc.), I would that these exceptions not use my Internet link when
% installing/updating packages.
%
% Have a form to offer these repos mirrored into Spacewalk as a "pure http"
% repo?

Hello Fabiano,

Unfortunately Spacewalk can't do this.

% I know that I can mirror external repos via rsync and "re-mirror" to
% Spacewalk via spacewalk-repo-sycnc, but on this case I would use 2 times
% each file on disk...
%
% Thanks,
%