[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.2 issue with ISS

Tony Dufour Tony.Dufour at gemalto.com
Fri Oct 10 09:15:24 UTC 2014

Hello,

Thanks for your intereset.

I solved my problem, the cause is that slave server present himself during the sattelite-sync with its shortname.

On ISS configuration GUI, on Master configuration, we need to provide slave FQDN. So I changed this with the slave shortname
and the sync is now working.
I tried to have this working with FQDN :
- Changed hostname of the slave server to FQDN (hostname command on slave reply FQDN)
- Used spacewalk-hostname-rename on slave to have spacewalk using new server hostname
- On master configuration (SW GUI > Admin > ISS > Master) using FQDN to identify slave host
Despite all this manipulations, this is still not working with FQDN, only with slave shortname.

I gave up and used shortname in ISS configuration.
Now I can sync without any problem.

Have a nice day,

Tony