[Spacewalk-list] Configuration Files Deployment + Remote Command on Action Chain

Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro waldirio at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 04:18:00 UTC 2014

Hello Dewangga and list friends, good morning

By default the Spacewalk don't have this feature, btw you can do things
like bellow:

1. Create a rpm just to do what you need, so you configure in conf. channel
the package and the command will be executed (I know, I don't like too, but
it work).

2. Create a script like bellow in /etc/cron.hourly. Sure you will change,
remove comments and define to your environment, but this will work too. The
command will not be execute at the same time of deploy, but on the next 01
minute of next hour.

###
#!/bin/bash
if [ -f /var/log/ref_teste ]; then
  echo "Script was defined - $(date)"           | tee -a /var/log/messages
  echo "Removing $0 from /etc/cron.hourly"      | tee -a /var/log/messages
  echo "### rm -rf /etc/cron.hourly/$0"         | tee -a /var/log/messages
else
  echo "TEST ### $(date) ###"                   | tee -a /var/log/messages
  touch /var/log/ref_teste
fi
###

I'll prepare a real sample and create a post in my blog. Good question! ;-)

Take Care and let me know if work to you.

Atenciosamente
Waldirio
msn: waldirio at gmail.com
Skype: waldirio