[Spacewalk-list] best way to use spacewalk?

Elizabeth Jones oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 15:06:51 UTC 2014

I'm a complete newbie to spacewalk and I'm trying to figure out whether I can actually use it or not.  We have rhel licenses for all our linux servers and currently we patch them directly from the redhat website.  What I would like to do, if possible, is use spacewalk to manage these servers - for instance to compare packages installed on servers, or to build new kickstarts.  Is it possible to add servers to spacewalk to do this and let them still use the redhat site for their repo? Everything I've read so far seems to want me to build local repos and since we are not using fedora or centos that seems kind of futile.