[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk for both RHEL 6.x and OUL 6.x - Possible?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Sep 3 22:17:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 4 Sep 2014, at 7:59 am, Glen Collins <glenc2004 at comcast.net> wrote:

>   And thanks for your reply. While the option you gave will work, I don't think it'll work when you need two authenticated repositories like RHEL and Oracle.

The authentication used by the ULN update mechanism is different to the one used by RHN, so you should be able to combine both into a single install. Certainly you can mix a ULN-based Spacewalk repository with others, so I can't see why this should be any different.

Note that Spacewalk 2.2 ships with ULN integration (it was submitted upstream), so if you're running 2.2, you can use ULN right now. Essentially, just configure your CSI-enabled Oracle SSO credentials in /etc/rhn/spacewalk-repo-sync/uln.conf and use the repository URL style of uln:///<channel_id>, e.g. uln:///ol6_x86_64_latest - and yes, the three / are intentional here.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496