[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk for both RHEL 6.x and OUL 6.x - Possible?

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 21:59:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

   And thanks for your reply. While the option you gave will work, I don't think it'll work when you need two authenticated repositories like RHEL and Oracle.
Both require logins to get their respective support contract only changes. Downloading RHEL, CentOS and EPEL only requires RHEL attachment to their REPO with contract support if you so desire. What I'm looking for is to be able to get both RHEL and Oracle into one system so that you only need one pane of glass to patch every system. Since both RHEL and Oracle support connecting to spacewalk, I don't see support as being an issue as long as you create the correct repos for each system type and do not co-mingle rpm's. So to me at this time, I see no way of doing what I'm trying to do because of the issue with account authentication to receive the support contract fixes. Duplication of the rpm's is not an issue to me since disk is cheap and once the entire library is downloaded, it's just the changes that require downloads.

I would try and use other software that's out there but I don't know of any that will do this without being bloated with other stuff I don't want to use or see. I just want to patch 500+ servers without issue. But still have the ability to see what's been patched or what's outdated. Plus I like the look of the new 2.2 interface. Seems slick!

Thanks!

Glen