[Spacewalk-list] cobbler integration with kickstart variables

Dallas Graves dallasg79 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 15:46:54 UTC 2014

Hi All,
This may be more of a "Cobbler" question, but still relevant to Spacewalk
in how I am trying to utilize the platform.  And please excuse me if this
has already been answered in another post, I've been searching the web for
a couple days now and haven't found any leads so I figured I'd join the DL
and post here.

I'm curious if there is a more efficient way to utilize kickstart variables
in conjunction with Cobbler?  Essentially, I'd like to have Kickstart use
the variables I've set in the Cobbler System Profile, such as hostname,
ip-address, etc... and use those as variables for the same in the Kickstart
script.

My end goal is to have a single kickstart file to maintain instead of
manually updating the variables each time I kickstart a machine, or even
worse, each system having it's own KS file.

Thanks,
-Dallas Graves