[Spacewalk-list] cobbler integration with kickstart variables

Jonathan Hoser jonathan.hoser at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Sat Sep 6 16:58:57 UTC 2014

Hi Dallas,

You might want to look at the cheetah template how-tos;
e.g. if you set some variable in cobbler - like say (extracted from system-report)

Kickstart Metadata             : {'isOldIBM': 'true'}

You could use that in the Spacewalk-Kickstart as follows:

#set $isOldIBM = $getVar('isOldIBM', 'false')
#if $isOldIBM == 'true'

cat somefile > somewhere
do some other stuff

#else

do something else

#end if

Important to note, is that commands are immedialy after the sharp '#' (#set, #if, #else, #end if)
otherwise the templating system does not get them.
The remainder should be obvious!

Best
-Jonathan