[Spacewalk-list] centos 7 selinux blocking osad

Vince Skahan vinceskahan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:05:27 UTC 2014

I have a test VM set up with centos7 in its default configuration,
registered as a spacewalk 2.2 client and with osad installed and running.

When I do a 'service osad status', I get a lot of selinux complaints saying
python-2.7 doesn't have permission to a bunch of stuff.  Similarly when I
schedule package updates the job fails with Spacewalk reporting a python
error.   I worked around it by running 'semanage permissive -a osad_t' and
rescheduling the failed job, which worked fine the next time.

Typical syslog message is :

python: SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/python2.7 from read access on the
file .

Questions:

   - isn't this a selinux policy bug in centos7 that I should report to
   them ?
   - or would it go in as a RHEL 7 bug referencing that I was running
   CentOS ?
   - and would it be a selinux bug, or a osad bug in that rpm ?

--
-----  vinceskahan at gmail.com ----