[Spacewalk-list] Trying not to reinvent the wheel.....

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Sep 17 19:32:17 UTC 2014

Hey,

On 18 Sep 2014, at 1:14 am, Glen Collins <glenc2004 at comcast.net> wrote:

> 1) Is there a way to download the yum updates so I can connect a newly installed rhel/centos/oracle linux system to spacewalk using the existing channels?

If there is, I haven't found it either. :) I create a Spacewalk client repository in /var/www/html/pub on the Spacewalk server (with a .repo file as well) and modify the bootstrap-ol.sh script to:

1. Create a repo file
2. Upgrade the client
3. Register with Spacewalk
4. Delete the repo file

That's the only way I could find to do it. Essentially, the Spacewalk client repo doesn't need to be up-to-date either, it just needs to allow registration. Once the server is registered, the usual Spacewalk-driven update system takes over.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496