[Spacewalk-list] Trying not to reinvent the wheel.....

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 21:42:59 UTC 2014

Glen

Bernhard gave you the correct answer regardless of you using kickstarts or not.

The system creates yum repo files for each channel incase you want to
use them in a kickstart http://$c_server/ks/dist/
child/<channel-label>/<distribution-label>

For example my server has a repo called http://<my host
FQDN>/ks/dist/child/scientific-6.3-x86_64-epel/SCI-linux-6.3-x86_64
and the parent channel is this http://<my host
FQDN>/ks/dist/SCI-linux-6.3-x86_64

That said you will not be able to see any errata info via this method
so this is not an advisable method for use in production. you are best
off using copying the bootstrap script in /var/www/html/pub and
customizing it to your needs and properly registering the clients.

for example my procidure for registering pre-existing Centos 5 servers is
"
wget http://<my host FQDN>/pub/bootstrap/bootstrap-sl5.sh
chmod 700 ./bootstrap-sl5.sh
bootstrap-sl5.sh