[Spacewalk-list] Clone a parent channel and make it a child

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 28 22:34:33 UTC 2014

Hello all. I'm having some issues trying to figure out the spacewalk-clone-by-date script. Is it possible to use this script to clone a base channel into an existing parent channel as a child? Here is what my group looks like...

oel-6.x-base-x86_64 (Always kept up to sync with the Oracle ULN)
oracle-base-channel - (Zero files-Only used for base subscription)
|_______ patcheding-oel-6.x-base-x86_64 (Child channel - Cloned to current date with errata's from oel-6.x-base-x86_64)

What I am trying to do is to setup a monthly patching schedule so my systems all are patched with a certain date/time for the whole month of patching and then delete and recreate for the following month. Am I using the proper script or is there another one I'm not aware of. I've been googeling this and found a few examples but none of them work for me.

Thanks for any assistance!

Glen Collins