[Spacewalk-list] Clone a parent channel and make it a child

Glen Collins glenc2004 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 21:58:27 UTC 2014

Ok. I don't know why I can't get it correct but for whatever reason I don't think this script can do it. But I used "spacecmd" and I was able to successfully create the child channel within the blank parent as I described below....BUT! For the life of me I cannot figure out how to use "spacecmd" in non-interactive mode. Does anyone have a sample they could pass along using spacecmd in no-interactive mode?

[root at xxxxxx bin]# spacecmd
Welcome to spacecmd, a command-line interface to Spacewalk.

Type: 'help' for a list of commands
'help <cmd>' for command-specific help
'quit' to quit

INFO: Connected to https://localhost/rpc/api as admin
spacecmd {SSM:0}> softwarechannel_clone
Source Channels:
oracle-base-channel
oracle-linux-6-x86_64

Select source channel: oracle-linux-6-x86_64
Channel Name: tuesday-oracle-linux-6-x86_64
Channel Label: tuesday-oracle-linux-6-x86_64

Base Channels:

oracle-base-channel
oracle-linux-6-x86_64

Select Parent [blank to create a base channel]: oracle-base-channel

Copy source channel GPG details? [y/N]: n
GPG URL:
GPG ID:
GPG Fingerprint:

Original State (No Errata) [y/N]: y

All the highlighted entries is what I need to feed to spacecmd. I know a while ago a patch was added to allow for non-interactive input but I think that was for new channel only and not a clone.

If anyone can assist it would be helpful!

Thanks

Glen Collins