[Spacewalk-list] configure kickstart in spacewalk

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Wed Apr 22 21:11:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 23 Apr 2015, at 6:57 am, YANG LI <yangli at clemson.edu> wrote:
>
> should I change media_path? I later see it get used in my kickstart profile I created use this distribution tree.

No, Spacewalk creates this path for you.

> when I try to browse this url in the browser, I do not see anything. in fact there is no such directory exist in apache DocumentRoot. it only has /var/www/html/ks/dis/org/2 and the directory is empty. manually copy os installation cd content there?

Correct. Spacewalk creates this location for you and it is not browsable.

> my understanding is url --url http://sbrh1.clemson.edu/ks/dist/oraclelinux6-x86_64 should contain entire os installation cd contents right?

It does, via the Spacewalk application.

> I do not see that directory in DocumentRoot of apache either.

It's delivered by the Spacewalk application via mod_wsgi.

> again this directory /ks/dist/org/2/oraclelinux6-x86_64 appears again. should I copy cd contents to /var/www/html//ks/dist/org/2/oraclelinux6-x86_64 and make it available to through http?

No. Spacewalk does all of this for you. You don't have to copy anything anywhere after mounting the ISO and using that in the Spacewalk GUI.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496