[Spacewalk-list] Oracle -> Postgres migration woes

Funk, Alex afunk at ecmc.org
Thu Dec 17 16:26:47 UTC 2015

Greetings list!

I have a Centos 6 machine running spacewalk 2.2, with an external Oracle database (managed by our DBA team).  I'm transitioning to two Centos 7 machines, one as an external postgres database, one as the application server.  I was hoping to migrate the database over, upgrade it, then I have a fallback with the original.  I got a constraint violation while importing the data, and I assumed it was because of the version mismatch (I initialized postgres as a spacewalk 2.4 database).  So, I upgraded my original CentOS 6 machine to spacewalk 2.4, and followed the migration procedure listed on the wiki (https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/DatabaseMigrations).  Both when trying to dump straight from spacewalk-dump-schema --from=oracle --to=postgresql | psql, and when dumping to a file and using spacewalk-sql -i on the new machine, I get "ERROR:  relation "rhn_command_queue_sessions" does not exist".

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Alex