[Spacewalk-list] Problems with registering Ubuntu clients to spacewalk-server

Willi Hennrichs willi.hennrichs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 10:31:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to get an automated-paching-system running. I
installed spacewalk to a centOS-server according to the official
documentation. I installed an ubuntu-client and followed the following
manual:
http://www.devops-blog.net/spacewalk/registering-ubuntu-and-debian-servers-with-spacewalk

Spacewalk now recognizes the server and shows me, it needs updates. I
schedule the updates, but the client won't pull the commands (even if the
interval is set to 70 - after 70 minutes). I then run a manual rhn-check and
it does nothing, only the error-message appears on the spacewalk-GUI:

Client execution returned "update failed" (code 1)

Does anyone know, what does this means?

Second problem is, that when I schedule a package-installation via the
spacewalk-WebGUI and run a rhn_check, a long list of packages including rhnsd
apt-transport-spacewalk rhn-client-tools will be uninstalled. Does anyone
know this problem and maybe has a solution for it?

BR,

Willi Hennrichs