[Spacewalk-list] configuration channel challenges

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Tue Jan 20 17:15:57 UTC 2015

Hello all,

Experimenting with configuration channels and having difficulty with RHEL 6 clients.  I am unable to push a config file due to the following error.

Deploy config files to system scheduled by (none)

Details:

This action will be executed after 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.

This action's status is: Failed.
The client picked up this action on 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.
The client completed this action on 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.
Client execution returned "Local permission not set for action type configfiles.deploy" (code 42)
Config Files:
FILENAME REMOVED (rev. 2)

I can solve this problem by running rhn-actions-control –enable-all and reschedule the job.  Is there a way to eliminate that manual step?  I’m adding several hundred server to my swalk server and doing that step manually is time consuming.

Also, once I enable all the actions and reschedule the job it will complete however I get another error as follows:

Deploy config files to system scheduled by (none)

Details:

This action will be executed after 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.

This action's status is: Failed.
The client picked up this action on 01/20/15 11:43:27 AM EST.
The client completed this action on 01/20/15 11:43:27 AM EST.
Client execution returned "Fatal error in Python code occurred [[6]]" (code -1)
Config Files:
FILENAME REMOVED(rev. 2)

Despite the failed status the config file is getting placed on the server and working as expected.

I’m using a VM to test this with so I’ve rolled back to the previous snapshot and tested a few things, one thing of interest is that I touched /var/log/rhncfg-actions and chmod the file to 666.  After rescheduling the action the job is completed w/ no errors.  An obvious security risk but interesting just the same.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Wes