[Spacewalk-list] configuration channel challenges

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Wed Jan 21 15:21:28 UTC 2015

Heya,

On 20/01/15 17:15:57, Reneau, Wes W [HDS] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Experimenting with configuration channels and having difficulty with RHEL 6 clients.  I am unable to push a config file due to the following error.

> Deploy config files to system scheduled by (none)
>
> Details:
>
> This action will be executed after 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.
>
> This action's status is: Failed.
> The client picked up this action on 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.
> The client completed this action on 01/20/15 11:37:53 AM EST.
> Client execution returned "Local permission not set for action type configfiles.deploy" (code 42)
> Config Files:
> FILENAME REMOVED (rev. 2)
>

> I can solve this problem by running rhn-actions-control –enable-all and reschedule the job.  Is there a way to eliminate that manual step?  I’m adding several hundred server to my swalk server and doing that step manually is time consuming.

The default bootstrap already does it for you if you enable this step.
Set the following parameters to '1':

ALLOW_CONFIG_ACTIONS=1
ALLOW_REMOTE_COMMANDS=1

This depends on the functionality you want to enable on your clients.

> I’m using a VM to test this with so I’ve rolled back to the previous snapshot and tested a few things, one thing of interest is that I touched /var/log/rhncfg-actions and chmod the file to 666.  After rescheduling the action the job is completed w/ no errors.  An obvious security risk but interesting just the same.

660 should be sufficient IIRC

Regards,

Mattias

--
Mattias Giese
System Management & Monitoring Architect