[Spacewalk-list] corrupt spacewalk database???

Alan Pittman Alan.Pittman at publix.com
Tue Jan 20 19:07:22 UTC 2015

Hi,
   I am trying to create a kickstart profile. When I complete filling out the fields on the profile wizard (on the last screen is the root password), then click the finish button, , the screen goes blank and nothing happens. If I look in today's postgres log file, I see the following messages:

STATEMENT:  select 'c3p0 ping' from dual
ERROR:  could not read block 0 of relation base/16384/94689: read only 0 of 8192 bytes
STATEMENT:  insert into RHNKSDATA (org_id, label, comments, active, postLog, preLog, kscfg, is_org_default, kernel_params, nonchrootpost, no_base, ignore_missing, verboseup2date, partition_data, cobbler_id, update_type, ks_type, id) values ($1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10, $11, $12, $13, $14, $15, $16, 'wizard', $17)
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

I'm speculating that I have a corrupt database. Can someone confirm? I'm not a DBA.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan Pittman
Publix Super Markets, Inc.
alan.pittman at publix.com
1-863-686-8754 x46320

Unix is user friendly. It’s very selective about who its friends are.