[Spacewalk-list] SOLVED:configuration channel challenges

Reneau, Wes W [HDS] Wes.Reneau at hdsupply.com
Tue Jan 20 20:53:42 UTC 2015

I solved this with a bit of a hack. They key was installing the rhncfg-actions, my servers already have an internal yum repo configured to the media installation.  The other key was to touch & chmod 660 the /var/log/rhncfg-actions prior to the registration.  Previously the file had perms of 600, although root was the owner and group it still failed.

#!/bin/bash -x

# This script performs the following tasks:
#   1. wget's the spacewalk client repo file
#   2. Installs the spacewalk client
#   3. Moves all *.repo files to /etc/yum.repos.d/old_repo/
#   5. Enables the rhn-actions-control --enable-all so config files can be pushed.
#   6. Touch and Modify /var/log/rhncfg-actions so configuration channel pushes will occur.

#wget the spacewalk client file
wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk20-client.repo http://URL_OF_YOUR_CHOICE

#install spacewalk client
yum install rhn-client-tools rhn-check rhn-setup rhnsd m2crypto yum-rhn-plugin rhncfg-actions -y

#move all repo files to diff directory
mkdir -p /etc/yum.repos.d/old_repo
for i in `find /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo` ; do mv $i /etc/yum.repos.d/old_repo/; done

#enabled actions
/usr/bin/rhn-actions-control --enable-all

#solve for the python error when pushing config files
touch /var/log/rhncfg-actions
chmod 660 /var/log/rhncfg-actions

#Register with spacewalk
rhnreg_ks --serverUrl=http://FQDN_OF_SWALK/XMLRPC --activationkey=1-KEY_NAME