[Spacewalk-list] Maximum Concurrent Kickstarts?

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 23:46:32 UTC 2015

Hey everyone,

We are having issues kickstarting more than 10 systems at the same time. We
are seeing errors ranging from Missing file\corrupt packages, to cobbler
not creating the configuration file in /var/lib/tftpboot. If we keep the
number around 5 or lower, we don't see any issues and kickstarts work fine.
The errors I'm seeing in the apache logs appear to be ajp link
errors\timeouts.

Has anyone done more than 10 kickstarts at the same time? Did you need to
change any settings in cobbler\apache\tomcat to support higher numbers? Our
Spacewalk server is currently 8CPU x 32GB RAM with a 10GB NIC.
Our bottleneck seems to be apache\tomcat and not so much hardware.