[Spacewalk-list] manage service run levels (chkconfig)

Mattias Giese giese at b1-systems.de
Wed Jan 21 15:16:16 UTC 2015

Heya,

On 21/01/15 14:59:18, Reneau, Wes W [HDS] wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Is it possible to manage the runlevels at which a service would start via spacewalk?  We have several hundred machines that we are adding to spacewalk (brand new installation of spacewalk) and we are adding some config files and rpms/services to each box via activation keys.  The problem is that by default services are configured off.  I can do it via remote commands and SSM but hoping I could manage this at registration.  Help appreciated.

Why not simply add these commands to the end of your bootstrap script?
I normally customize the bootstrap so that the user may enable/disable
his own post-registration tasks on demand.

With a recent Spacewalk there is also a feature called 'Action Chains',
where you could plan the package installation, configuration push and
activation of needed services and schedule these actions in one go.

Regards,

Mattias
--
Mattias Giese
System Management & Monitoring Architect